Welcome to Elementary Band!
I am thrilled that you have decided to join the band program here in Eastvale, CA!
At the Elementary level, all students are introduced to the basics of music reading as well as how to play the first few notes on their instrument. All students will also gain an appreciation of music, learn determination through hours of practice, and experience what it is like to perform in a band.
Please click on your school above to find schedule information.
When Can I Join Band?
Band classes in Corona-Norco Unified are offered to 5th and 6th grade students. All band students receive one hour of instruction every week; some band classes are twice a week for 30 minutes each class and some band classes are once a week for one hour. Beginning Band is the class for students starting a new instrument for the first time. In this class, the students will play songs in unison from their method book. Advanced Band is the class for students playing the same instrument for their second year. In this class, the students will play songs in unison from their method book as well as play band arrangements (sheet music songs) in a variety of styles.
*Please send me an email if you would like a sign-up form and I will reply ASAP - firstname.lastname@example.org
What Instruments Can I Play?
Flute, Clarinet, Alto Saxophone, Trumpet, Trombone, Bells
Drums and Auxiliary Percussion - played in Advanced Band only (students will be assigned these instruments at my choosing)
In order for your child to be successful in band class, they are to spend 10 minutes a day practicing their instrument. They should practice all of the songs we have learned in class.
http://sionline.alfred.com - This is a great webiste that correlates with your child's Sound Innovations method book. There are tutorial videos to help your child build, clean, and play their instrument. There are also recordings of every song in the book for your child to listen to and practice with.
Supplies Needed for Band Class
2. Method Book: Sound Innovations for Beginning Band (for the respective instrument)
- Flute - Cleaning cloth and rod
- Clarinet - Cleaning cloth, cork grease, mouth piece brush, #2 reeds
- Saxophone - Cleaning cloth, cork grease, mouth piece brush, #2 reeds, neck strap
- Trumpet - Valve oil, tuning slide grease, valve brush, mouth piece brush
- Trombone - Slide oil or grease, small spray bottle
4. A wire foldable music stand for home practice is highly recommended
Please click on the following link to purchase a band t-shirt: https://www.imagemarket.com/b87fe444
Carefull select your Garment Size: YM, YL, S, M, L, XL, XLL (there will be no refunds or exchanges)
Under "Full Name," please enter your child's first and last name
All orders must be placed by Friday, August 31st
SCSBOA Elementary Honor Band 2019
- Auditions dates: TBD
- If your child is taking private lessons and/or is progressing very quickly on their instrument, I highly encourage them to audition for the Southern California Elementary Honor Band. It is a wonderful opportinity and honor to perform in this group at the SCSBOA music educator's conference January 28, 2019.
- More information can be found here: https://www.scsboa.org/welcome-scsboa-honor-groups/
Local Music Stores
Corona Music Center
Music and Arts